NBME Explanations

New Launch of Test Pirates Downloads with NBME answers and explanations

NBME Explanations

Advice on my approach to step 1/comlex 1

Discussion in 'USMLE Step 1' started by peds4ever, Jan 7, 2017.

1. peds4ever

Expand Collapse

2nd year medical student
    Hi guys. I am an osteopathic student. I'm currently doing Biostats&Epidemiology and Neuro! I'm trying to finish these within the next week or so! After this I plan to do cardio/pulm/renal within the span of at least couple of weeks. What do you guys think? Also, if anyone have done your studying similarly please feel free to share your experience.

PS: If anyone has Neuro review notes, preferably with some Osteopathic principles, please share, thanks!

2. orthopod

Expand Collapse

Welcome, @peds4ever! Hopefully your studying is going well, but be sure to update us on your progress.

Biostats/epi is one of those topics you want to approach several times to get it to 'stick.' But be sure to look at it closer to test date, as it's a high yield topic that needs to be hammered home the days prior to test day. Check out my post on how to study topics and timing for more info.

Regarding the other topics, it doesn't really matter which order you go in, but be sure to mix in questions as you study to put them in a clinical context as you'll see on the exam. Many students also find it more productive to review topics several times (rather than just go over a topic once).

Let us know if you have any other questions/comments